The Connecticut Humane Society seeks experienced veterinarians to join its highly skilled medical department.
Whether a pet is in need of a new family, or hoping to keep its home, they can’t get a fresh start without veterinarians like you.
Every pet coming through CHS doors receives the medical care they need and deserve, whether it’s treatment for a chronic condition like skin allergies, a routine spay/neuter, or a complicated surgery. Through the shelter medical department, CHS’ reduced-fee Fox Memorial Clinic, and public veterinary care, pets’ lives are saved here every day with expert, compassionate medical attention.
“It means THE WORLD to me to work at Fox Memorial Clinic. I am very proud of what we are able to provide for our wonderful furry patients and clients, especially people with limited resources. It feels great to go home satisfied and accomplished at the end of the day knowing that another life was saved.”
Amarpreet Kaur, DVM, MVSc (Surgery)
- Easy access to New York and Boston by driving or public transportation.
- 50% lower housing costs than New York City, and 14-48% lower cost of living than Boston or NY.
- The full four-season experience.
- 101 state parks, beautiful beaches, and pristine lakes and ponds of all sizes, perfect for sunbathing, fishing, hiking and exploring.
- From Long Island Sound to mountains – Connecticut has it all and is naturally beautiful.
- Enjoy casinos with concert venues, city life, farm towns and everything in between.
- One of the best ice cream trails in the States and plenty of amazing restaurants for the most discriminating foodies!
- Increasing list of microbreweries and small wineries.
A Day in the Life
Want to learn more about CHS?
Founded in 1881, CHS’ is the state’s oldest and largest animal welfare organization. With three locations geographically spread across the state statewide, public clinic programs and pop-up events around the state, CHS serves over 5,000 pets each year. A limited admission shelter, CHS has a 99.3% live release rate and does not euthanize for time, space, breed or age. Learn more on our impact by checking out the annual impact report, publications, and FAQs.
What does the salary package include?
CHS offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Included in the salary package is your veterinary license, PLIT insurance and Veterinary Association membership expenses.
Are there opportunities for continuing education?
Yes. CHS provides an annual allowance towards continuing education which includes travel expenses.
Is a retirement plan offered?
Yes. CHS offers a 401k plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 6% of your gross salary. There is also an additional benefit given at the close of every year.
Is there health, disability and life insurance offered?
Yes. CHS offers both health and dental insurance and pays 90% of cost for your coverage. CHS also pays for both short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for employees.
What is included in the paid days off package?
CHS provides generous vacation and sick time and 7 paid holidays per year.
Want to meet some of the pets served by CHS veterinarians? Some of the most unique patients have arrived over the past few years: Axel, who received the first MRI by CHS; Shadow, who had masticatory muscle myositis; Diesel, diagnosed with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus; and Ella, a kitten with megaesophagus.