Changes to CHS Operations
As COVID-19 concerns continue, CHS is making changes to operations as part of the statewide “Stay Home, Stay Safe” social distancing period:
Effective Thursday, April 2, please note:
- Adoption applications for available pets are now online. Pets will be seen by appointment only and only at CHS’ Newington location. See pets here and to find the application.
- Applications that are not for a specific pet and applications for pets that are not available for adoption are unable to be responded to. CHS has scaled back staff to ensure a healthy, strong team of animal professionals remains available to provide care, enrichment, and lots of TLC to the pets.
- Fox Memorial Clinic in Newington is available only for serious medical cases by appointment-only. No walk-ins. Call 800-452-0114.
- If you have a scheduled appointment at Fox Clinic, please click here for details on how to check your pet in for his/her visit.
- Friday vaccination clinics at Fox Memorial Clinic are canceled until further notice.
- Friday heartworm clinics at Fox Memorial Clinic are canceled until further notice.
- Food and supplies cannot be accepted at this time. (But thank you, as always, for thinking of the pets!) Monetary gifts may be made at CThumane.org/donate.
- Dog training classes will not be held at CHS through Friday, April 3. At that time, the schedule will be reassessed. Clients are being contacted.
- Employment and volunteer applications and interviews are paused.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Any further changes will be announced here on CThumane.org.