Changes to CHS Operations
CHS will be resuming services slowly and in phases to best keep pets, staff and volunteers, and our community safe.
Update – Monday, June 1, please note:
Fox Memorial Clinic Update:
- Fox Memorial Clinic will resume Friday appointments and will be available Monday – Friday for urgent medical cases by appointment-only. No walk-ins. Call 800-452-0114.
- All elective surgeries and routine examinations at Fox Memorial Clinic are on hold.
- If you have a scheduled appointment at Fox Clinic, please click here for details on how to check your pet in for his/her visit.
- Friday vaccination clinics at Fox Memorial Clinic are cancelled until further notice.
- Friday heartworm clinics at Fox Memorial Clinic are cancelled until further notice.
Pet Wellness and Adoption Centers Update:
- Teams are returning to CHS Westport and Waterford locations for limited, by-appointment-only services.
- All three locations will be able to support limited intakes, by appointment only, for urgent cases.
- Please contact CHS’ Call Center (800-452-0114) for assistance.
- Adoptions will continue, by appointment, at CHS Newington only.
- You can visit the adoptable pets page to see who’s looking for a home and complete an application if you would like to adopt an available pet.
- CHS is unable to respond to applications that are not for a specific pet and applications for pets who are not available for adoption.
- Donations of used items cannot be accepted at this time. New items, newspaper and pet food are appreciated, especially now, to re-stock the Pet Food Pantry and support local families in need. You can check out the wish list here. And thank you, as always, for thinking of the pets!
- Monetary gifts are always welcome by mail or online.
- Dog training classes are still suspended for the time being. The schedule will be reassessed as the State’s social distancing mandates change.
- Employment and volunteer applications and interviews are paused.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Any further changes will be announced here on CThumane.org.