Update - Monday, October 17, 2022
Masks: In accordance with CDC guidelines and local transmission levels, masking is optional at this time.
Adoptions in Westport: The Westport branch of the Connecticut Humane Society is completing adoptions by appointment only in order to best serve the pets in care. CHS is currently accepting online adoption applications for pets in Westport. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. CHS looks forward to helping you find your best match.
Adoptions in Newington and Waterford: The adoption process has returned to being started and completed in person.
- Check out the adoptable pets page to see who’s looking for a home or just come to a CHS location.
- Visit CHS in person to start the adoption process and fill out an adoption questionnaire.
- Adoption questionnaires will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Potential adopters will then meet with an adoption counselor to discuss the pet, and then meet the pet. Learn more about the process here.
Fox Memorial Clinic:
- Fox will be open Monday – Friday and utilizing a curbside check-in process.
- Existing and new clients: Appointment availability is extremely limited.
- If you have a scheduled appointment at Fox Clinic, please click here for details on how to check your pet in for his/her visit.
- Limited vaccine clinic spots are available.
- Friday heartworm clinics are cancelled until further notice.
Pet Wellness and Adoption Centers:
- Pet surrenders are taking place at all three locations by appointment only. Please contact CHS’ Call Center (800-452-0114) for assistance.
- Adoptions in Newington and Waterford are being fully conducted in person from start to finish. Adoptions in Westport continue to be by appointment only after an adoption application has been received and reviewed.
- Supply and food donations from the CHS wish list are now being accepted at all locations. Check out the wish list here.
- Monetary donations to the pets are always welcome by mail or online. Thank you, as always, for thinking of the pets!
- Many volunteer positions are open. Please check the volunteer page for foster needs and on-site opportunities at each CHS location.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Any further changes will be announced here on CThumane.org.