Update - Thursday, August 24, 2023
Masks: In accordance with CDC guidelines and local transmission levels, masking is optional at this time.
Adoptions: The adoption process has returned to being started and completed in person for Newington, Waterford, and Westport.
- Check out the adoptable pets page to see who’s looking for a home, or visit any CHS location.
- Visit CHS in person to start the adoption process and fill out an adoption questionnaire.
- Adoption questionnaires will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Potential adopters will then meet with an adoption counselor to discuss the pet, and then meet the pet. Learn more about the process here.
Fox Memorial Clinic:
- Fox will be open Monday – Friday by appointment only. Closed for lunch 1-2pm. Appointments are available beginning at 9:00am, with the last appointment at 3:30pm.
- The clinic is only accepting new clients in need of medical attention.
- The clinic is not currently accepting new clients in need of routine wellness.
- Existing and new clients: Appointment availability is extremely limited.
- If you have a scheduled appointment at Fox Clinic, please click here for details on how to check your pet in for his/her visit.
- Limited vaccine clinic spots are available.
- Friday heartworm clinics are cancelled until further notice.
Pet Wellness and Adoption Centers:
- Pet surrenders are taking place at all three locations by appointment only. Please contact CHS’ Call Center (800-452-0114) for assistance.
- Adoptions in Newington, Waterford and Westport are being fully conducted in person from start to finish.
- Supply and food donations from the CHS wish list are now being accepted at all locations. Check out the wish list here.
- Monetary donations to the pets are always welcome by mail or online. Thank you, as always, for thinking of the pets!
- Many volunteer positions are open. Please check the volunteer page for foster needs and on-site opportunities at each CHS location.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Any further changes will be announced here on CThumane.org.