During these challenging times, the Fox Memorial Clinic is taking many important steps to ensure the safety of clients and staff while tending to the medical needs of pets. CHS and Fox are following CDC and national veterinary guidance in reducing human-to-human contact, seeing only medically-necessary appointments, and rescheduling routine wellness appointments for another time.
Effective, Monday, June 1: all elective surgeries and routine examinations are on hold and the clinic is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
In keeping with the recommendations for stopping the spread of COVID-19, please take into consideration the following questions before calling the Fox Memorial Clinic for an appointment:
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, or difficulty breathing)
- Have you been in close contact with or cared for anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been out of the country or been in close contact with anyone that has been out of the country in the last 14 days?
Practices upon arrival at the Fox Memorial Clinic:
- Please park in the designated spot.
- Please call the Fox cell phone number posted on the parking signs to alert the front desk of your arrival.
- A member of the Fox team will conduct an interview over the phone to collect relevant history and details of your concern.
- Your pet will be picked up at the curb and brought into an exam room for care, or a designated area outside for treatment.
- The recommended clinical plan will be discussed with you over the phone. Your permission for diagnostics and treatment will be sought. Payment can be submitted by credit card at this time, preferably given over the phone. Cash can be collected by staff from your car.
- Upon completion of services, your pet, medications (if applicable) and instructions will be delivered to your car.