Your fun time creates lifesaving care for pets in need! Join pet lovers from across the state at Connecticut Humane Society events that support medical treatment and more for animals who need a hand.
Looking for an event that can help your pet with veterinary care? That’s here, too.
PETtalk: Dogs and Kids
September 22 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Are you wondering how to introduce your dog to your new baby? Do you want to learn how to keep your kids safe around dogs? Have your questions about dogs and kids answered by Michelle Douglas, a licensed Family Paws Parent Educator for the Dogs & Storks™ and the Dogs And Toddlers™ programs.
What topics will be covered during the program? Here’s a sneak peak:
- Dog Communication: The ways dogs tell us they’re stressed, and how we can use this to avoid problems.
- Dog Senses: How dogs perceive the world, and how we can use their senses to prepare them for a new baby.
- Dog Logic: Everything is in context. Making positive associations to build good and safe relationships.
- Canine Manners: Every dog who regularly encounters kids should know these things.
- Kid manners: Every kid should know these things about dogs.
- Safety & recognizing when intervention is needed.